Stuff I learnt this week:
- Pompeii had some entertaining graffiti on its walls. (Apparently Thracius makes the girls moan — but watch out for Atimetus, he'll get you pregnant.)
- Although the body casts were a little miserable-making
- Salvador Dali does something with his paintings that makes them glow. I know there's some advantageous lighting happening in a museum, but I suspect even without the tricks those things would be eerily luminescent. Three Young Surrealist Women holding in their arms the skins of an orchestra is one of my favourites. Although I love Archeological reminiscence of Millet's Angelus and Atmospheric Skull Sodomizing a Grand Piano as well. Among others.
- Also, I adore the first photo on this page: Dali & The Rhino
- Poor as it makes me, my habit of saying "Yeah! Sure!" to every live music gig outing I'm offered does result in discovering awesome heretofore-unknown-to-me gems, such as The Barons of Tang. I think I'll stick with this plan.