- I muddled through the day mostly on autopilot. Due to ludicrous-strength winds (that's a technical term) last night, I slept poorly. Not because of the noisy winds, but because the noisy winds kept cutting the power lines and, every time power was restored, every electrical device in my room whirred to life and the answering machine started chatting away about its settings in the hallway.
- I realised October is only a fortnight away. Less, in fact. Gulp. Where is the year going?
- I signed up for a last.fm profile (shush, I know, I'm behind the eight ball on that one — when am I not?)
- I laughed out loud at the line "I have this disease late at night sometimes, involving alcohol and the telephone." from Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5
- I received notice from the tax office that next year I have to prepay my tax in quarterly instalments, almost like a regular business person. (Except, you know, for the whole regular income aspect.) As an addendum, I laughed out loud at the tax office's estimate of how much I would be earning next year. It was either that or weep. Yes, there will be a phone call in my not-too-distant future, to see if we can't come to some arrangement that does not involve my taking out a mortgage on my body organs to pay the tax bill. I am prepared. I have learned all about income averaging; and by "all about" I of course mean I have learned that such a concept exists, and is applicable to my tax situation.
- I opened the door for the cat no less than five times, because he wouldn't believe me when I told him it was raining. (No one ever accused this cat of high intelligence.)
- I still have not finished my writing quota for today… so back to it…